Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just Not Today

I haven't left the house for more than preschool drop off since Saturday when I spent an hour at Target.  Other than that, I have been somewhat of a hermit.

It's not by choice.  David has been sick for going on 3 weeks with a 1 week break in the middle.  Sunday was his worst day.  He had a fever that got up to 103.7.  Since then he has been getting fevers at night and is a snotty and coughing mess. 

And apparently he shares well.  I have had a runny nose and a cough since Sunday night. 

I have missed church 3 weeks in a row.  At this rate, I don't expect I'll be able to go this week as well. 

I have been going to BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) on Wednesday mornings.  It's one of the highlights of my week.  I'm missing it today.  I've only made 1 of the past 3. 

And Ryan has a work function tonight that will keep him out later than normal.

Since David has been sick, he hasn't been nursing well.  Which means that I am slowly clearing a clogged duct.  I just put him down for a nap in which he completely refused to nurse.  I've never struggled with nursing before but having him cry hysterically and refuse me made me just about lose it. 

I've been a stay at home mom for 3 months now.  I can honestly say that I am happier than I have ever been in my life.  I feel more grounded.  Life is good.

Just not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails