Friday, November 19, 2010

Time Does Indeed Fly

I just sent out the Evite for our annual Christmas dessert party.  It's my 5th year doing it.  It's hard to wrap my head around the fact that we will be celebrating our 5th Christmas back in NC and yet it's hard to fathom that we ever lived in NY. 
The best gauge of how fast time is going is by watching our little girl grow up.  5 years ago she was a thought and a hope.  4 years ago she was a strong desire of my heart.  3 years ago she was about the size of a blueberry.  2 years ago she was an infant.  Last year she was stumbling around having just learned to walk.  And now she is a full blown toddler.

Case in point...

Last night I put my baby to bed for the last time in her crib.  (Side note, do you notice how she made her bear sleep on his tummy just like she does?)

And today she is napping in her Big Girl Bed. 


Oh my heart.  Time does fly but I can honestly say that we have enjoyed every second of it. 

Now excuse me while I have a panic attack because I just sent out 96 invites to a party in my house in less than a month and I haven't even begun to think about the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails