Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Newest Accessory

There is this blog post that is floating around Facebook.  I even re-posted it.  It's really good.
 
This blog post has me thinking so much about how I spend the time I do have with my kids while I'm not working.  Time seems to be flying by so fast.  It seems like just yesterday it was Ainsley that I was breastfeeding and Ainsley that I was washing diapers for.  And now she's almost 4 and cracking me up with her commentary on life.  When did that happen?

It makes me look at David in a whole different way.  With Ainsley I was just trying to survive these early stages.  Becoming a mother was just such an adjustment.  This time it wasn't so hard so I am really getting to enjoy the little moments with this little guy.  I am begging for time to slow down so that he will be little forever. 

I've been attending a group that promotes baby wearing.  It sounds hippy and it kind of is. (I'm actually learning to embrace my hippy self but that's another post altogether!)  And yet it's one of my favorite things I have done with David.  I go to this group to learn more about how to strengthen the bond between us.  I am learning so much about the benefits of keeping him close to me.  I don't think it's a coincidence that when I put him in his carrier, he almost instantly falls asleep.  He feels secure and safe and loved.  I think my favorite part is when he's in his carrier, his head is so close to me that I just can lean down and kiss him as much as I want.

Yesterday I went shopping with my mom.  Instead of putting David in the stroller, I strapped him on.  He was awake and looking around for a bit but then he fell asleep.  I had so many comments about how sweet a baby he is.  I think you get more comments like that when you wear a baby because they are at eye level. 

But in this case, they were all right.  Sweet baby indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails