Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Spirit

I love Christmas.  I don't always love getting the house ready for Christmas.  It usually feels like such a chore.  But this year, I am so very into Christmas. 

For the first time ever, I turned Christmas music on before Thanksgiving.  I put up outside lights for the first time.  All of my nativities are out and my tree is up.  I am even liking the looks of my decorations more than ever before. All this before November 25th. 



I keep asking myself why am I so happy it's Christmas this year over any other year.  Is it the excitement of the 4 year old.  Is it the happy squeals of the baby every time he sees the Christmas tree?

That's all part of it.  But I realized something else.  Last year I was very pregnant.  I was exhausted.  My mother in law decorated my house for me.  I "survived" the Christmas season more than I "lived" it.

This year is kind of like a redemptive Christmas for me.  And that excitement from the 4 year old...and those baby squeals....they are the best!



1 comment:

  1. It looks great! Hope you can really enjoy the holidays this year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails