Monday, October 18, 2010

Imperfectly Perfect


Today is my husband's 35th birthday.  So often we read in the blog world how perfect a husband is.  We all know that's not true.  So today I want to celebrate my Imperfectly Perfect husband.  And here's why...


You push my buttons BUT you push me to be a better person


You can act like a child BUT you father with love and strength


You work late BUT  you have the strongest work ethic of anyone I know


You won't play my "what if" games BUT you lead our family with logic and integrity


You compulsively lock the doors BUT you protect our family


You sing the wrong lyrics to songs BUT you entertain me


You follow a crazy diet BUT  you love my cooking


You talk to everyone on the phone but me BUT you pursue your friends and family with great consistency


You don't flush the toilet BUT you value God's creation


You make comments for shock value BUT you are grounded in Truth


You don't cry BUT  you comfort me when I do


You pick on me BUT  you picked me


I love you Imperfectly Perfect Husband.  Happy 35th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails