Friday, December 3, 2010

Hands and Feet of Jesus

This week has been one of the most difficult weeks of my life.  Due to some bad timing 2/3 of my family is out of the country.  That left us to fend for ourselves during this difficult season.  But Jesus sent some people into our lives the past week to care for us in ways that we could not have even asked for.  I'm trying to come up with a list but if I have forgotten someone, I am deeply sorry.  My mind isn't the clearest right now.

  • MaryBeth - Not only is she my nanny but she's a wonderful friend.  She has spoken Truth and comfort to me over the past week.  She has walked this path before and has been crucial in giving Ainsley some extra TLC this week.
  • Anne - Over the past years Anne has become a second mother to me.  This week she really stepped up and cared for me like only a mother could
  • Mary - What started as a client/patient relationship over 2 years ago has turned into a wonderful friendship.  Mary was our doula for Ainsley's birth and her experience in this area of loss is too familiar.  She has sent me endless texts of encouragement and love
  • Amy - She was the first one to know I was pregnant.  A coworker and also a friend.  She has listened to me and helped me through a few long days at work this week.
  • Jessica - She's about to birth herself and yet has put many of those emotions aside this week to care for me.  She definitely is a BFF.
  • Lindsay - She's a friend from long ago who loves me deeply.  A note in the mail came at the perfect time.  It was like a gift directly from Jesus.
  • Sarah - When I needed a meal, she provided us with one.  She has such a tender heart and when she says she's praying for you, you know it's true.
  • Kate - As my oldest friend, she stepped up big time.  She literally has a 1 week old.  And yet she took the time out of the sleepless nights to stop and call me.  I was the first non-family member she called since the birth of her adorable son Charlie.  To say this meant a lot would be an understatement.
  • Wendy - My sister Wendy is the only family member I have in the country right now.  While she doesn't know the loss personally she has walked many of her friends through the same thing.  She has been my protector since the day I was born and she has been there for me like no one else during this time.
  • Our Homegroup - We have a small home group from our church that meets once a week and has so for years.  This group of people has walked beside us through many things and will continue to do so.  What a gift it is to share this life with a group of fellow believers
  • Community of Women Who Have Walked the Path - This is not an exclusive club.  There are so many women who have walked the path that I am on now.  The notes and emails have been endless.  The support of this group of women is invaluable.  This experience has brought me a new perspective on loss and to share it with this group of women is an incredible yet difficult gift.
  • Countless People Praying - There are so many people praying for our family right now.  I couldn't even begin to list them.  But each prayer has been a gift to us.  We feel loved and prayed over like we never have been before.
  • Ainsley - The best thing that I could have during this time was a sweet 2 year old looking to me for love and support.  This week has been hard on her.  Children have a way that they know that something is wrong.  And yet their lives need to go on.  And to me that's a gift.  I can't drown in my sorrow and bring this sweet innocent girl down with me.  She has a heart of gold and nothing has made me feel better during this time that the sweet hugs and kisses that only she can give.
  • Ryan - It's hard to even put into words the strength that this man of God that I have married has given me over the past week.  While he is grieving this loss too, he has given me such unconditional love and support.  He has taken over everything from watching Ainsley to house hold chores to pretty much everything.  And the whole time he has been willing to listen to me cry and to hold me and even to be snapped at.  He's my rock and my protector.  I count it a privilege every day that I get to walk this journey of life with him.
So thank you friends.  You have shown me Jesus this week.

Matthew 25:37-40
 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
   40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails