Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Battle to Eat

I started Ainsley on solid food a couple weeks ago. We have been doing the 4 day wait rule after each introduction of a new food. Lately it's been more like the 2 day wait rule but oh well. We started with rice cereal, moved to sweet potatoes, winter squash, bananas, pears, and today peas.

My problem is that each new food is met with a grimace. She now loves her rice cereal and her sweet potatoes and squash. I can't say the same for the rest. I thought maybe the fruit was too sweet so I tried peas today. It was a little better than the pears and the bananas but I still got a sour face and a head shaking "No". When I mix the bananas in with sweet potatoes and cereal, she is fine. Today I had Anne and Buddy give her sweet potatoes mixed with pears. They told me they laughed at the faces she made. They describe it as if she were eating lemons.

I am not about to give in and let her be a picky eater. I will continue to feed her these foods until she gets used to them. Do you have any suggestions of ways to get my child to like to eat? What food do you think I should try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails