Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Check In

I told you a while ago that I was going to start a weight loss plan. Well, that was a month ago and here are some updates....

  • I have started doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. The first time I did it I couldn't walk for a week. Now I can do it three days in a row and take a one day break. I guess I'm not exactly doing the "30 day" part but it still is kicking my butt
  • I have started using myfitnesspal.com to track calories and exercise. I really like it. It's a website but it also has an app for my iPhone. There is even that fancy new badge on the right side of my blog.
  • During my trip to FL I was able to run on the treadmill each full day that I was there. I did do pretty well with my food but allowed myself the treat of some Kahlua Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory. Oh and it was soooo worth it.

The results are that I have lost 8 pounds in a month. I am very proud of that. I have 4.5 weeks to go until my cruise. I have a goal of 4 more pounds to go before then but am hoping to exceed that. I have 6 more pounds to go before I am at my pre-pregnancy weight. And I have 12 more pounds to go to get to my goal. I think all of those things are doable.

One of the things I have learned over my weight ups and downs is that it is possible to set far reaching goals that are attainable but it is always better to set goals that are maintainable. So that is where I am. Thanks for the accountability.

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome! I have the shred DVDs, and need to start doing them. do you do them at night and then shower? I shower at night anyway so that is no problem..at 8:30 I just am NOT motivated to work out once all are in bed... I am WIPED out! I also have a Biggest Loser Cardio with Bob DVD that I love. But need to get a routine. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Tracey! Keep it going girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails