Tuesday, April 27, 2010

When the Weekend is Over

I love my weekends.  Every week I get a 3 day weekend.  It's wonderful.  And then Monday comes and I dread it.  It's not that I don't like my job because I do.  I love it.  It's made for me and it helps me use the skills and talents that God blessed me with.  It's that I have to leave my little girl.

This past weekend was especially fun.  We drove up to DC to visit my oldest friend and her new husband.  We had such a great time.  We saw monuments, we ate, we drank, we laughed, we talked, we napped, we watched a movie, we were awake at 2:30 listening to Ainsley scream.  It was fun.  Well, not that last part but everything else was.


And then we got home and the crazy began. The fridge was empty.  The laundry had piled up.  The home business had 7 orders to pack.  The garden needed to be attended to.  Dinner needed to be made.  Dishes were dirty.  You get it.  It was nuts. 

Last night while I was making this dinner and thinking about all the things that I needed to be doing, I had a little girl who was over tired and grabbing on to my leg.  I got to a stopping point and took 10 minutes to sit on a chair with her.  She put her head on my chest and I sang her a song.  If you dont' know, I'm a horrible singer.  But it didn't matter.  I sang her a song about our weekend.  I made it all up and we rocked and cuddled.  And it was sweet.  And it gave me what I needed to get to my next block of time with my loves and that's worth celebrating.

And today I'm linking up with my friend Emily over at Chatting at the Sky. She celebrates the small things every Tuesday and today I felt like celebrating with her.

tuesdays unwrapped at cats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails