Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Slightly Inspired

As you know, I had my kitchen redone this year.  I love it.  BUT, I have been using it to cook the same meals I always have.  You would think that a new kitchen would inspire new recipes.  It should have but it didn't.  3 Nights in a row last week we had some variety of pasta, brocolli, cauliflower, and carrots.

Then I found this blog. Now I'm inspried. Kendra loves her kitchen and loves to cook.

So this week I have made 2 new meals.  Here they are.

Chickpea Vegetable Soup



Butter
1 package sliced mushrooms  (I'm into pre-sliced....makes it easier)
1 Red Onion diced
1 Red Bell Pepper - diced
1 Cup Frozen Corn
1 bunch of Fresh baby spinach (I used a bag of prewashed...again easier)
2 cans tomato sauce
2 cans chickpeas
6 cups water
2 bouillion cubes
Garlic - as much as you can take
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil or a bunch of fresh if you have it
1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
Parmesean Cheese
Crusty Bread

Start by sauting the mushrooms in the butter until they are mostly cooked.  Add the onions and peppers and cook until the onions are soft.  Add in everything else.  Simmer covered for 30 minutes.  Serve with Parmesean Cheese sprinkled on top and a slice of crusty bread. 

Easy right?  And it was so hearty and yummy.  Plus it yields A TON so there are plenty of leftovers for another day.  And it freezes well for an added bonus.

White Bean Pizza



1 Package Pizza Dough
1 Can White Canellini Beans (drained)
1 small Can diced tomatoes or fresh if you can find them
Couple slices of Red onion
Fresh Basil
Salt and Pepper
1 Clove Garlic - pressed

Spread out the pizza dough in a baking pan.  In a bowl, mash the white beans.  Add the salt and pepper and the garlic.  Spread that on the pizza dough.  Place the drained tomatoes on top of that sauce. Top with the onion slices and fresh basil.  Bake according to the pizza crust directions.  Mine was 20 minutes at 450.

This recipe isn't new but it's one I haven't used in a really long time. 

I hope you are inspired.  Let me know if you have any fun recipes I should try.  And remember, we are vegetarians!

2 comments:

  1. That soups sounds really good. Next time I see chickpeas at Aldi I'm going to make have to cook it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails