Tuesday, April 6, 2010

From the Mouth of a Toddler

I love Easter.  I love everything about it.  This year my parents came to visit.  They arrived on Thursday night and left on Monday morning.  It was a wonderful visit. 

We enjoyed some of the traditions of Easter and made some new ones.  We made our hot cross buns on Friday, and since we were at my house they didn't have raisins in them.  Perfect.  We spent Friday night at Ryan's dad's house with Ryan's siblings.  We went to the zoo on Saturday and enjoyed the animals. 

On Sunday we had Ryan's mom and siblings over for Easter brunch.  It was a new tradition that we will do again.  In the past we have always gone out to brunch and fighting that crowd is really ridiculous.  Ainsley had her first Easter Egg hunt in the front yard.  With each egg she picked up she said..."Its an Egg" (or something like that in 20 month old speak).

But my favorite moment of the whole weekend came on Sunday.  How fitting.  We have been bringing Ainsley into the worship service for the singing and then bringing her to the nursery for the sermon.  She loves it.  As we were leaving church and my mind was going towards all I had to do to get brunch on the table in an hour, Ainsley looked up at me and said "I wanna sing". 

It melted my heart.  You see, I love the songs on Easter.  I love coming to church on Easter Sunday knowing He is Alive!  And nothing says He is Alive more to me than singing Christ the Lord is Risen Today!  And now my daughter loves it too.  And that's a tradition I pray will continue for her whole life.

4 comments:

  1. Yes! We usually attend a contemporary worship service. But on Easter morning it's so special to sing traditional hymns like "Christ the Lord is Risen Today."

    I'm happy that your weekend was so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an adorable picture. She looks like such a happy child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the songs of easter are the best... and even more so anfter having tucked all those alleluias away for lent. what a gift to pass on to your little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys helped our Easter be totally complete:
    family and the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails