Saturday, July 3, 2010

What are you 80?

I have this joke with a bunch of my friends where I ask them if they are 80?  It started when a little girl at church asked me to put something in her pocket book.  I replied "What are you 80?"  It's a great line when people do things or say things that just seem old. 

Today someone needs to throw the line at me.   I made pickles and canned them.

Here's a few pictures from my adventure  (Sorry for the poor quality.  My camera battery was dead and I took them with my iPhone.  And I don't mean the new iPhone.  I don't have mine yet.  But don't worry, it's on order and I have scoured this town looking for one and I'm on the list everywhere.  2 more weeks baby!)


Prepped and ready to go

Boiling

Finished Product

I haven't tried any yet.  You have to let them sit for 24 hours before you can open them.  I'll be bringing them to a cookout tomorrow.  I'll let you know the verdict.  Stay tuned this summer for my tomato canning adventure.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails