Monday, August 9, 2010

I Need a Break

I'm in a slump.  I can't think of anything to write these days.  It seems my thoughts are still wrapped up in potty training and I know how much everyone else wants to hear about that.  Let me just say, I'm worn out and my patience is thin.

I looked through my previous posts to see if I could find inspiration.  I kept getting stuck looking at the vacation posts.  The cruise.  The trip the lake last year. 

I see those pictures and it speaks to me.  The quiet.  The peace.  The relaxation.  The time with people I love. 

And I know it's not just a physical vacation my heart needs.  It's the spiritual too.  My soul longs to just be quiet.  To be at peace with my Jesus.  To relax in His presence.  To feel His love around me.  To learn from Him.

We have been thinking through ideas of what we can do on our upcoming vacation to add adventure.  And now I'm thinking about how I can add some quiet too. 

And the best part is that I don't have to wait for a vacation to get it.  Jesus, you and I have a date tonight. 


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails