Saturday, January 1, 2011

Peace Out 2010. Bring it 2011

2010 is over.  It was a year of great ups and great downs.  As I look back it's been good to see God's faithfulness in both.  We are incredibly blessed to be able to praise the one who deserves it.

My favorite moments of the year came in both the happy and the sad.

My happiest moments of the year came with each step of my little girl into toddler hood.  It really isn't a specific moment but a culmination of moments.  There is nothing that gives me more joy in life than observing her grow; from watching her learn to use the potty, to sleeping in a big girl bed, to growing in her vocabulary.  She even learned some Bible verses this year.  Having this special little girl in my life has been a true gift and one that I am thankful to God for every day.


My other favorite moment came in my darkest hour.  God gave me a gift in the moment that I learned that our baby had left to be with Him.  As the ultrasound tech told me that the baby had passed away, my first thought was "You give and take away. My heart will choose to say...Lord blessed be Your name".  Obviously this thought was not my own.  It was a gift from the Holy Spirit.  And it is something I will treasure in my heart forever.

So as 2011 begins, there are a few things that I would like to do this year.  I'm not going to call them resolutions or goals but rather just a nice little list of things that I would like to do.

  • Be there for someone who has suffered a miscarriage.  Unfortunately this happens way to often and I pray that God will open the door for me to serve someone else who has to go through this.
  • Hang out with my girlfriends more
  • Learn to put make up on from someone who really knows how.  Seriously I'm 33 years old and I don't know how to do it.
  • Blog at least 5 times a month
  • Let my husband know more often just how much I appreciate him
And with that...Good bye 2010.  Hello 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you had to go through a loss this year, but I am glad that you were able to find strength and peace at the same time. I hope you have a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails