Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Broken Tailbone

Ainsley is now 2 months old and my labor seems so long ago yet I have on lingering issue...a broken tailbone. My labor was quite the adventure...32 hours of back labor. At first I didn't even notice this pain in the butt. I was so tired and swollen that all pain just seemed to blend together. As the weeks have past and my body has recovered, I have noticed this pain in my butt that just won't go away. When I sit down it hurts, when I stand up it hurts, when I go from sitting to standing it hurts. It pretty much hurts all the time. On top of that, I am incredibly clumsy. I was hiking with Ryan on vacation and I fell directly on my tailbone and made the injury worse. There is nothing you can do for a broken tailbone but just let it heal with time (and try not to re-injure myself). I have been told that it can take up to 6 months to heal. So here I try to sit and wait it out. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. You need to get one of those "donuts" to sit on. You can get them at any drugstore. They really help!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails